You are not logged in! Please Log in or create an account to our website in order to be able to watch the movie.This film is not available for online screening at the moment.
After Burkina Faso’s October 2014 popular uprising, the young poet Bikontine starts to question his dreams of seeking a better life in the West. He decides to go meet his fellow citizens along the country’s only rail line. From South to North, through cities and villages, he learns about their dreams and disappointments, confronting his poetry with the realities of a rapidly shifting society. His journey ultimately reveals the enduring political legacy of storied former president Thomas Sankara, assassinated in 1987 and known as the “African Che Guevara.”
SCREENING: 16.07 LEVIDI 21:00
- SPECIAL MENTION DOKer Moscow International Documentary Film Festival 2020 • Russia
- FIRST PRIZE "Breaking boundaries" RHODE ISLAND INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2020 • USA
- Best Documentary Feature Budapest IFF HUNGARY 2019
- SPECIAL JURY PRIZE in African International Film Festival AFRIFF • Lagos, Nigéria
- JOHN MARSHALL AWARD for Contemporary Ethnographic Media au Camden IFF, USA
- ENTREVUES DE BELFORT, PRIX FILM EN COURS 2018
*Data is limited to before submission to PelDocFest
Peloponnisos Doc Festival
Creative Documentary Center
The film is available for a certain number of online screenings during the festival.