The 7th edition of the festival will be held from 5 to 14 of February 2021. Due to the 200 years celebration of Greek Independence, the festival will give priority to documentaries under the general theme" Conquering freedom" (on a global scale) ( including human rights, gender equality, environmental issues)
* The deadline for entries via FilmFreeway has expired
· In order to participate in the programme of the festival and -in particular- in the competition section, the documentaries must meet the following conditions:
Ø The film must be a production of the last two years
Ø The film must not be available for free online viewing on the Internet (youtube, vimeo etc) in Greece
Ø The film must not have been screened by public or private TV of Greece
Ø The film must not have been distributed on dvd/bluray in Greece
· Each director can submit multiple films, but, eventually, he/she will participate in the program of the festival with only one film, except for those directors for whom the festival hosts a tribute.
· The films submitted will be evaluated by a five-member committee and the selected ones will be announced on November 15. The Director consents to the screening of his documentary in the venues of the network of the 7th International Peloponnisos Documentary Festival. The venue and the exact screening date and time of all the films of the festival are determined by the artistic Director of the festival.
· In case the film is selected, the Director is to provide the festival with the necessary advertising (posters, trailers) and informative (credits, participation, awards) material, in English and Greek. The copy of the film to be screened should be subtitled (the foreign productions in Greek and all the greek and non english-speaking productions in English) and delivered to the festival by 30 Νovember 2019. In case of no greek subtitles -, the director is asked to provide an English synchronized subtitle and is charged for the greek translation with a fee ranging from 30 to 40 euros (depending on the length of the film).
· If the director/producer fails to supply the required as described above until November 30th, his/her participation is cancelled.
The Festival bestows 2 awards:
2 audience awards for the best Greek and international documentary
Important: The Organizing Team has the right to postpone or cancel the Festival due to force majeure, one calendar month before the scheduled start of the event.