REMINDER WITH NEW IMPORTANT DETAILS AND NEW SUBMISSION DEADLINE .
The Peloponnisos International Doc Film Festival signed a cooperation agreement with the Zinebi International Festival in Bilbao, Spain, a 62 year old festival.
Within the framework of this cooperation, actions have been agreed to promote documentaries concerning the two countries as well as to incentivize co-productions between directors. Thus, during the 7th PeloponnisosInternational Documentary Festival, which will take place live from 7 to 16 May 2021, the following actions will take place:
1. a tribute to the Basque Cinema, in the presence of the directors.
2. call on Basque and Greek directors/producers to seek co-production opportunities between the two countries in order to create a 90-minute modular documentary on the theme of this year's tribute "Claiming Freedom"
To this end we invite Greek and Basque directors to submit a proposal to produce a short documentary (15') each on "claiming Freedom". Three projects will be selected. The 6 directors/producers Basque and Greek are invited in Kalamata in order to get to know each other and determine within what framework of cooperation the co-production will take place. The meetings of the Basque and Greek directors will be coordinated by the managers of the two festivals respectively.
Regarding the greek directors the festival will take over
1. The transportation and accommodation costs in Kalamata
2. Will provide technical equipment
3. In collaboration with the production company Stefim will offer the color correction.
4. A grant of 2,000 euros for each documentary.
Regarding the Basques directors the Peloponnisos International documentary festival will cover the transportation from Athens to Kalamata and the accommodation costs.
The other costs of the production of each documentary are the responsibility of the directors / producers.
The modular documentary that will be produced will be a production of the two festivals while the six directors will be co-producers, having though all the rights over the distribution of the film. Private contracts will be signed with each director, where the two collaborating festivals will transfer the rights from any sales to the directors. Each director will own 16.6% of the film.
The work that will be produced will be screened at the Zinebi International Festival as well as the Peloponnisos International Doc Film Festival, and the Faito doc festival in Naples, Italy
The projects submitted should be economically capable of implementation, combining quality with artistic elements and should be addressed to international audiences.
The folder must include
- Detailed summary / description of the project (1 - 2 pages)
- Treatment, if any.
- Director's note on history and aesthetics
- Indicative budget
- Director’s c.v.